For over 30 years Advanced Business Interiors has Made Space Work by providing quality new and remanufactured office furniture to the marketplace. We also provide a complete suite of integrated services including design, installation, storage and rental.
We are looking for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join our team! This is a full-time permanent position.
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator performs a critical role within the ABI Group of companies. This individual will have direct access to confidential and sensitive information. They will be in charge of administering the group benefit plan, responsible for all pay related duties, produce and submit payroll related tax information, and calculate monthly commissions.
- Prepare monthly sales commissions reports in a timely fashion
- Respond to sales representatives’ questions about their reports
- Other duties as required
Solicit, receive, record, process, and file payroll and benefit related information
- Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly employees and semi-monthly payroll for salaried employees
- Record and track employees’ time off (sick, vacation)
- Provide employees with information about payroll status (i.e. wage changes, accrued vacation, etc.)
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date and orderly personnel records for all ABI Group employees
- Prepare Federal and Quebec T-slips for all companies in the ABI Group and include other taxable benefits as part of their preparations
- Include the preparation of: payroll transfer from bank, source deductions (both Federal and Quebec), EHT calculations and remittance, WSIB calculations and remittances
- Ad hoc requirements (payroll reconciliations and analysis) when required
- Lead liaison for any payroll audits with CRA or Revenue Quebec
- Prepare and enter journal entries for accounting system and group benefit plan
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
Administer group benefit plan
- Act as a liaison between benefits provider and employees
- Administer group RRSP and EAP program
- Ensure accuracy of benefits details
- Report employment changes to insurance provider
- Allocate benefits cost amongst departments
Experience & Education Requirements
- Minimum education required is a college diploma in accounting, business administration, or a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in a multi-payroll environment
- Demonstrated experience in full cycle payroll (salary & hourly)
- Exposure to Ontario and Quebec employment and tax law and reporting requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of Accounting principles and practices
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exposure to complex ERP systems
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- Professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent social skills
- Payroll certification, an asset
- Bilingual (English and French), an asset
Advanced Business Interiors is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. If any accommodations are needed for applicants during the selection process, please notify Human Resources.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.