For over 30 years Advanced Business Interiors has Made Space Work by providing quality new and remanufactured office furniture to the marketplace. We also provide a complete suite of integrated services including design, installation, storage and rental.
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team! This is a full-time permanent position.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for overall strategic and tactical personnel management at Advanced Business Interiors. Working as a liaison between upper-level management and the employee population, this individual is privy to a large amount of sensitive and confidential information and is called upon to provide advice on a regular basis.
The Human Resources Generalist must strive to remain impartial and consistent at all times and must demonstrate a high degree of discretion. This individual must assume a leadership role with the department and the company as a whole, demonstrating ethical and responsible behaviour at all times.
- Coordinate corporate recruiting process from start to finish
- Work with hiring managers and executive team to identify staffing requirements; make recommendations with respect to searching internally or externally for candidates
- Screen resumes and conduct initial applicant interview, make hiring recommendations
- Check references and maintain records
- Draft letter of offer in conjunction with hiring manager
- Administer On-boarding and Employee Orientation Process
- Including but not limited to ensuring orientation paperwork is completed and provide required training at orientation
- Maintain detailed job descriptions for all ABI Group
- Identify areas of possible change/growth/streamlining and where new roles can be created
- Work with employees to help develop an understanding of their place within the organization, as well as opportunities for growth
- Provide recommendations with respect to HR practices and compensation levels, and ensure consistency across all companies and divisions in the ABI Group
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees
- Monitor, oversee, and consult on staff appraisal process, ensuring timeliness of reviews and thoroughness of discussion
- Assist department managers with progressive discipline process and, when necessary, coach them through the dismissal and termination process
- Assist managers with employee disputes and conflict resolution (internal and external) through mediation and discussion with all parties involved
- Develop corporate processes and policies in line with ABI’s culture, drawing upon best practices and industry standard
- Maintain the HR policy manual
- Review policies on an annual basis and revise as required
- Oversee process of setting personal objectives and goals for all staff
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment related regulations relating to privacy, employment standards, WHMIS, health & safety, employment equity and any other relevant area
- Oversee WSIB claims process, working to minimize injury and costs
- Administer and Lead the Health & Safety program
- Schedule meetings, drafting the agenda and taking the minutes
- Manage accident logs including both internal and external (WSIB)
- Determine organization’s Health & Safety training requirements
- Ensure compliance and administer the Employment Equity Program according to guidelines set forth by the Federal Contractors Program
- Act as advisor to executives on HR matters when requested
- Act as liaison between staff and executive on HR matters
- In conjunction with the Company Security Officer, assist in the process to ensure all employees obtain required security clearances
- Other duties as required
- Undergraduate university degree or college diploma with concentration in business or human resources
- CHRP completed or in progress
- Two+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Experience in the public sector an asset
- Certified member of a Health & Safety Committee an asset
Skills Requirements – Essential
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent listening, communication, teaching and leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Strong consultative management style, with ability to build consensus among team members and across departmental lines
- Ability to focus on issues, identify trends and apply logical solutions in a consistent manner
- Strong follow-up ability
Skills Requirements – Asset
Advanced Business Interiors is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. If any accommodations are needed for applicants during the selection process, please notify Human Resources.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.